Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012

5'11'' diamond tail

the last few days i finished the lamination process for this 5'11'' x 21 1/2'' x 2 3/4'' diamond tail board. it goes with 1x6oz layer on the bottom and 2x6oz layer on the top. the outline is from a retro fish board. i will keep this thruster stick simply white. next steps will be sanding, gloss coating, sanding and polishing.

last week i got the new milwakuee sander and had a few trials with the blue stripe egg. it feels very easy going and hopefully increases the quality of my sanding work.

Montag, 18. Juni 2012

efficent weekend

surfed the friday afternoon, spent 2h in the shaping bay on saturday and surfed again on sunday early morning with toby. apart from the crowd factor i was quite happy with the efficency of this weekend.

i started the lamination work on the diamond tail board. the results of the new logo paper look very promising. pictures will be posted soon.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012

diamonds are the girls best friend...

...and the boys like diamond tails :-)

currently working on a new shape with a diamond tail. it's planned to finish the shape this weekend and start the lamination process afterwards.

Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012

wax on!

sunday morning, 7.15am, bremgarten, 345m3/sec... anymore questions?

toby and me enjoyed a great session this morning. we were quite surprised how "crowded" it has been so early. i surfed my 5'2'' pocket rocket and was super happy with this choice. toby shredded on the 5'8'' ant and ended the session with a big smile.

Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012

order new sander, done

i finally decided to invest in a high quality power tool which is known as the one and only sander within the surfboard shaping idustry: MILWAUKEE AP12QE. the shipment from uk is expected the next 8 days. initially i wanted to order it from a store in switzerland. but price difference was more than 25%. so the decision was taken to transfer the money to the island.

Montag, 4. Juni 2012


since i am a little limited to perform any noisy work on an evening i applied myself to the new decal paper from uk. it is much thinner than the one i have and shouldn't be visible (apart from the printed logo) under the lam. it was quite a bit of work to get this paper trough the inkjet printer, failure rate: 20% :-) nevertheless, there are enough decals for the next shapes.

i also got two new sanding pads to improve the finish of landlocked surfboards. next investment will be a new sander...